West Yorkshire Combined AuthorityHours
37 hours per week.Location(s)
Huddersfield and surrounding areasPosition type
Grade G – £22,053
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
We are seeking to appoint a Travel Centre Team Leader in our Transport Services team. You will be based at our Huddersfield Travel Centre.
It is an exciting time to be joining the Combined Authority, following the announcement that a £1.8bn devolution deal has been secured for West Yorkshire. Devolution will enable us to drive up living standards for local communities while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into the Travel Centre Supervisor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Travel Centres through ensuring a high level of customer service to the travelling public in line the CA’s Customer Care Policy.
- Ensure that the Travel Centres sell and/or issue prepaid tickets. Passes and permits and issue passenger Information in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Be a visible and enthusiastic team leader, encouraging partnership working across the organisation.
Review at the Role Profile provided on our website for more information about the responsibilities.
You will have the following key skills, attributes and experience but not be limited to:
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Experience of retail and cash handling.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme.
- Free Travel on rail and buses with the M-Card.
- Flexible Working Practises with Health & Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
To apply for this role, upload your CV and covering letter on our website by 11:55pm on 15/11/2020. Interview date: 04th December 2020.
For further information about the role, please contact Alison Beard on email@example.com
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, race, gender, religion or beliefs, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis.
Given the high volumes of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant, therefore if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.Closing date
15 November 2020, 11:55 PM