Bellshill, UK Full-time
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group\'s key figures are approx. 4.56 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Software Test Team Lead – Bellshill based with Travel
£35,000 to £45,000 based on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Test Lead who is looking to move into a management role. Our role of Digital Test Hub Manager offers an exciting challenge within the successful Edge Testing team. You will have already demonstrated strong client facing and people managing skills as well as a strong understanding of the role of software testing services, and are now looking for your next career move. You will need experience of successfully managing test teams across multiple projects and split site locations, running remote testing teams to deliver key testing services to client organisations. As Digital Test Hub Manager you will further grow your client and staff management skills, whilst delivering a software testing service second to none and helping develop the talent within our business.
Our Digital Test Hub provides on-demand, low cost, remote testing services from our UK hubs in Bellshill, Manchester and Birmingham, giving all the benefits of offshore with UK based resource.
With the capability and capacity to test back office, front office and customer facing applications, projects include Mobile and App testing, testing of new websites, e-commerce applications, or simply as an alternative to offshore.
The Digital Test Hub Manager takes responsibility for the management of the testing activities and staff within the Digital Test Hub including acting as the main point of contact for all clients of the Digital Test Hub service.
- Point of contact for clients of the Digital Test Hub
- Writing and supporting the creation of proposals for existing clients and new business
- Creating high-level test plans when required by the client
- Perform People Management of the Digital Test Hub Team including resource forecasting, recruitment, assignments to projects, resource balancing between engagements, oversight of day-to-day delivery activities
- Prepare Client Statements of Work, processing Purchase Orders, invoicing, payment reconciliations
- Preparing, organising and delivering client meetings and internal briefings
- Risks and Issues Management
- Prepare Service Reports, Dashboard reporting, TM Report analysis
- Internal Reporting on team utilisation and estimates v actuals for each project
- Ensuring that testing is adequately resourced in terms of staff, test environments and test tools
- Representing the testing function to project managers, delivery managers, users and business sponsor
- Support company events, recruitment activities, sales and marketing events and collateral
Providing training, mentoring and support for team resources on best practices
- Experience of running remote test teams
- Experience of running multiple test projects
- Understanding of delivering testing services to KPIs
- Understanding of the role of software testing in the development lifecycle
- Ability to understand key client concerns, issues and agendas
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with wide range of stakeholders, able to influence and persuade others
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills in formal as well as informal settings
- Demonstrates strong leadership traits such as integrity, commitment and passion
- Ability to rapidly absorb and effectively apply new technical information as required
- Mentoring/coaching experience; support and encourages positive working behaviours in others
- Understands the objectives, initiatives and challenges of working within technology departments
- Keeping commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Able to organise time and tasks effectively due to the diverse nature of the role
- Minimum 5 years testing experience
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level qualified
- Knowledge of testing tools desirable
Role is based from our Bellshill office, but requires flexibility to travel regularly to other sites including Manchester and Birmingham offices. Willingness to undertake significant travel within the UK and occasionally further afield is a must.
Edge Testing, established in 2007, has grown fast to become the UK’s largest independent software testing company. Our talented workforce includes some of the UK’s premier testing thought leaders and experts, who help deliver exceptional services to our clients in the financial services, telecommunications and media, utilities, retail and the public sector.
Our portfolio includes Managed Testing, Consultancy, Performance Testing, Test Automation and Cyber Security as well as our successful Digital Test Hubs and the Edge Academy. It is our broad range of services and the way we do business, that sets us apart from the competition.
In 2018 Edge Testing became part of Eurofins Digital Testing, a Eurofins Scientific division, the world’s leading Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) specialists, who operate globally with test lab facilities in the UK, USA, Belgium, Poland, Sweden and Hong Kong.
In 2019 Eurofins generated total revenues of 4.56 billion Euros, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.