An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Paas Developer to join our team in Experian IT Services and be a Member of The Platform Centre of Expertise (Platform CoE). As a Senior PaaS Developer you will participate in the creation/evolution of the Platform architecture and the conversion into a working reference implementation, building a highly available, secure, globally performing Platform that can be run in-house, in co-lo or public cloud with elastic scalability and creating and optimised pipeline for infrastructure – as – code, ensuring that the Platform is built from code + configuration not manually and that all artefacts are version controlled. You will collaborate with operational. Technical and non – technical business teams and be involved in the delivery phases of the development and implementation of code and Provide expertise to operational teams for diagnosis and remediation in any major incidents involving a Platform implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working in either software development or infrastructure design and implementation
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to cross-skill into all areas of the role, where skills are not current
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – including English
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to self-motivate to deliver on assigned tasks within time and to desired quality levels
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with some supervision
- Ability to analyse problems, design, develop, implement, test and refactor in Python and Go
- Due to the distributed nature of the team, flexible working hours will be required from time-to-time, to accommodate multiple geographies
- Programming/scripting skills to automate everything - Python required, preferably Python 3.5+, other languages useful, especially Go
- Linux Systems administration - Windows useful
- Continued awareness of technology trends and an awareness of how they may impact the PaaS
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in at least five of the following areas:
- Agile SDLC - both Kanban and Scrum
- Linux, preferably Red Hat (RHEL)
- Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Git version control
- Public Cloud Solutions - AWS EC2, S3, ELB, VPCs (or Azure equivalents)
- QA and/or application testing - including unit, integration, performance testing and other similar disciplines
- Containerised application development - specifically using Docker/Kubernetes
- MicroServices architecture
- Virtualisation environments
- Architectural experience - Application or Technology (TOGAF useful)
- Networking concepts - DNS, TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, etc.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues’ health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that’s why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it’s your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it’s really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay.