Overview:Senior Data Engineer – Data Platform Squad Who We Are: The Data Platform team develop and maintain the data and AI platforms at Mimecast. Our mission is to enable new value and intelligence to be easily extracted from Mimecast data. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to help build and maintain a greenfield AWS data platform. The ideal candidate will have significant hands-on experience creating reliable, scalable and maintainable data platforms in AWS. Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
Qualifications: Essential Skills and Experience
- Building and maintaining a greenfield data lake in AWS.
- Developing systems that process large scale data.
- Building high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available cloud-based systems.
- Support and troubleshoot systems occasionally outside of regular office hours as needed.
- Plan and negotiate with peers to meet deadlines.
- Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle.
- Manage your own time and priorities, without the need for micro-management.
- Work in an agile squad.
As the ideal candidate, you would have knowledge in most of the following
- Experienced in AWS data lakes/warehouses - AWS Athena, Redshift
- Knowledge and experience of AWS data platforms like AWS S3, Glue, Kinesis, EMR
- Knowledge and experience of various foundational AWS Services like IAM, Trusted Advisor
- High competency in Java or similar JVM language.
- Experience and great understanding of modern scalable data processing and storage technologies.
- Knowledge of containers (Docker), CI/CD tools.
- DevOps mindset.
- Knowledge of AWS eco-system.
- Good programming skills with Scala or Java.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, IaC (Terraform) technologies (a plus).
- Experience working with Cassandra, Kafka, Spark or equivalent Big Data technologies.
- Experience in building resilient data pipelines.
- Knowledge and/or Experience with MapReduce Framework, Hadoop, HDFS (a plus).