Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from our 453 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons. The Vet Group operates a UK leading small animal veterinary business, with 440 First Opinion practices located both in our stores and in standalone locations, as well as four Specialist Referral centres.
We are recruiting for a HR People Services Assistant on a fixed term contract and welcome applications from those looking to work remotely. This is a part time role (22.5 hours per week) and we are flexible as to how those hours are structured across the week.
As a HR People Services Assistant, you will be responsible for providing an exceptional People Service across the Pets at Home Group, specifically supporting our Vet Group Colleagues.
You will be the first point of contact for the wider People Team, ensuring that queries are answered professionally and promptly, or escalated to other colleagues where necessary and you will also proactively manage and be responsible for all of the administrative processes, ensuring all relevant documentation is obtained and colleague’s files are fully completed and compliant, in order to meet audit requirements
- Experience of working in a HR Services environment
- Experience of using HR Systems, ideally SAP and/or SAP Success Factors
- Strong administration skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Driven to continuously provide outputs which are of a high standard and quality
- Manage own time and workload effectively
- Confident and effective communicator
- Able to build strong and productive working relationships with colleagues
- Resourceful and adept at problem-solving (including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner)
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a clear and simplistic manner, and skilfully gather and analyse information
- Fundamental understanding of Employment Law, specifically in relation to Eligibility to Work in the UK and Statutory requirements (Preferable)
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.