Job Title: Regional Manager, Pharma (UK & Ireland)
Customer Channels Group (CCG) – Research & Safety Division (RSD)
Band 7, management track
Direct report: 5+
Our Regional Segment Manager is responsible for managing a team of Account Managers who sell research products and services within a defined territory. The Regional Segment Manager will be responsible for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Regional Segment Manager will complete account planning and forecasting, analyze reports on business, and manage performance of the team.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for specified segment within the region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Develop strategy to incorporate and compliment the Thermo Fisher objectives into the overall segment and region strategy.
- Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
- Effectively and proactively manage account managers’ performance through regular reviews & other company-standard processes
- Ensure your team complies with Company procedures and policies.
- Continually measure personal and team success against business plans making the necessary challenges, interventions and decisions to successfully deliver, or exceed plan expectations.
- Manage the strategic direction for the overall region; Lead the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives;
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Business along with significant and relevant, industry-specific experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry or equivalent work experience.
- Strong sales management experience and proven leadership abilities
- Wealth of business understanding and business exposure
- Advanced selling and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- English: Full professional proficiency in addition to another European language ideally.
- Full driver’s license with the ability to travel extensively (80% of time) to customer and internal meetings.
- Has demonstrated management experience leading a team with consistent positive results; ensures team has a business plan and sales strategy and coaches to attainment of goals; motivates and leads team to overcome obstacles and ensure success; consistently exceeds results.
- Understands in great detail the profitability levers across customers and creates a strategy for growth.
- Monitors market conditions in order to be proactive in preparing and adjusting for changes; Creates proposals for presentations and RFP responses and is consistently strategic with preparation and delivery.
- Works with team to formulate strategic business plans to address the opportunities and ensures team consistently focuses on goal attainment; Leads team to overcome obstacles, and consistently achieves or exceeds such targets.
- Experienced people coach and mentor
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force software a plus.
- Confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations, across all sectors in which we operate.
- This Role operates within a Matrix environment requiring the post holder to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, to manage both competing requirements and concurrent project activity. Strong project, time and stakeholder management competency is therefore essential to maintain several priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.