Here at Chameleon Communications International, we hire smart and dedicated scientific experts, like you, who are keen to use their academic background in a career communicating complex scientific data. We offer a rare opportunity to work at the cutting edge of scientific discovery and within a very clear development pathway for those wishing to begin their writing career in medical communications. In return, we ask that you do what you enjoy best – work with scientific concepts, data and therapeutic resources to develop outstanding content that will underpin our scientific communications programmes and that your clients will love. Simple, really!
If you’re looking to…
… you will want to talk to us!
- Build on your experience of reporting research findings (e.g. preparing presentations, writing scientific papers)
- Contribute to a variety of projects across a number of therapeutic areas
- Work at a global communications agency with science at its heart
An Associate Medical Writer (AMW) role at Chameleon starts you on a defined career path and will expose you to some of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies as well as challenge you intellectually. Our focus is on providing you with a great set of skills as well as an enjoyable work environment that has employee wellbeing at its core.
As an AMW you will become an expert in generating high-quality scientific content and will work across a range of projects; from scientific publications, presentations and abstracts to training materials and innovative online educational programmes.
You will sit in a well-established and dedicated team focused on driving great content for our long-term global client.
The role will be based at our office in London and may involve some international travel to congresses and medical meetings.
- ‘Smart’, ‘able to work autonomously’, ‘proactive’ and ‘driven by science’ – this is how others might describe you
- You’ll have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You’ll have great attention to detail, combined with great organizational skills and a passion for accuracy
- You’ll have high level of computer literacy in common applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- You’ll possess the aptitude and confidence to learn new skills
- You are respectful of process but adaptive and proactive
- You’ll have a PhD or MSc in a related scientific field
- We’re a cohesive team at Chameleon and we like working with people who smile and know when to have fun!
What we offer
Chameleon Communications International partners with many of the major top 20 pharmaceutical clients to create the scientific foundation and clinical communications that support the successful development and launch of their brands. We work across a range of media including journals, congresses, and digital formats. Our work spans the globe across Europe, Asia Pacific, North and South America. Chameleon received the Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2010.
- A competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual holiday, rising to 30 day\'s after 5 years\' service
- Life assurance
- Subsidised BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Charity day (additional to annual leave)
- Summer Fridays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Season ticket/travel loan
- Employee referral bonus
- Annual eye test support
- Comprehensive training and mentoring programmes
- Additional retail discounts and benefits available through the Omnicom Group
- A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment
With over 200 people working in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Manchester, Chameleon is a member of the Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG), a global company in the Omnicom Group of independently managed healthcare communications companies dedicated to delivering accurate, strategic, and compelling scientific communications to the full range of stakeholders, including physicians, allied healthcare professionals, payers, patients, and caregivers.
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.