Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
Reporting to our Finance Director it will be your responsibility to prepare, analyse and distribute management information and work on adhoc reports and special projects. From the more complex work with data and scoping of software tools to help us scale to the more granular stewardship of data, your role and tasks will be varied and you will need to apply yourself in different ways. To that end, you will have as much autonomy as you need to shape each day whilst responding to the needs of the business, role and tasks at hand. You will be encouraged to bring creativity and curiosity to the role by the bucket load as we continue to grow here at Tyk!
Here’s what you’ll be up to:
- Ownership of all aspects of day to day financial accounting;
- Delivery of the monthly management accounts;
- Monthly Management accounts preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L Review
- Daily Bank reconciliations
- Take ownership and develop the month end close process working with our external partners.
- Develop robust global consolidated financial reporting capability, cash flow forecasting as well as the drive for process automation across the group
- Partner with and support our commercial finance team in advising on the key learnings from financial results and departmental spend;
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders across the business to ensure we can be responsive to the needs of the wider organisation as it evolves and scales.
Here\'s what we are looking for:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or qualified by experience;
- Part qualified candidates must have proven experience in relevant finance & accounting roles.
- Proven management accounting background, preferably in small to medium sized organisation;
- Experience in building and scaling finance processes and addressing and resolving technical accounting issues within a global, multi entity group environment
- Experience reporting to multiple stakeholders across within a global group
- Experience of EU VAT regulations, compliance and reporting
- Experience and involvement in deploying and integrating new systems, in particular spend management tools and new ERP software.
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mum\'s house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available - we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/