Location Address: Oak Road, Hull, East Yorkshire HU6 7PH United Kingdom
Closing Date: 17 Nov 2020
Be part of our journey
As a global leader in speciality chemicals, we continue to succeed and strengthen our delivery of innovative, sustainable and high-performance solutions. We are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within an ever-growing market place. Our IT team play an essential role in ensuring our technology is kept up to date and available to ensure our business can operate effectively and innovatively.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site IT Technician based at our site in Hull, East Yorkshire. The main purpose of this role is to act as the first point of contact for IT users, and to support all PCs, servers, software, telecoms and the local area network. Occasional travel will be required to other UK sites.
Our ideal person
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- Working closely with the business, you should possess excellent communication skills
- You will be able to work well as part of a team as well as being capable of working autonomously when required
- You should be capable of working under pressure and be flexible in your approach to work
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- You will be a proactive problem solver; capable of developing solutions to resolve user problems
- You will hold an IT qualification or have experience in supporting computers in a corporate environment
- Previous manufacturing/labs systems experience would be advantageous
The successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package including defined benefit pension scheme with death in service benefit, 25 days paid holiday allowance (plus bank holidays and access to share incentive plans.