At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 110 offices worldwide.
Following recent successes in winning great projects with a number of top clients we are seeking to appoint high calibre staff who are ambitious and want to further develop their career in multiphase development and master-planning.
You will lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex projects.
Acting as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards.
You will be making impactful change, working towards our Net Zero 2030 commitment. You will be leading on place making, overcoming some of societies key challenges in the decade ahead; providing mixed use and affordable housing, safeguarding the future and creating sustainable developments that satisfy the social agenda.
Project management, to include:
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
- Understanding the Turner & Townsend 2+2=5 philosophy and identifying and acting upon cross-divisional opportunities
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is input into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising Dynamics 365 in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
A Senior Project Manager will in part be judged by the extent to which:
- Projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget
- Project delivery meets the client’s objectives and is in line with the conditions of appointment
- The project team is led effectively
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- The internal financial status of all projects is effectively monitored
- Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong influencer
- Passionate about placemaking and people
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Large-scale, multi-phased project experience at the inception to planning permission phase
- Minimum 6 years’ experience
- Consultant team procurement
- Masterplan-level design management
- Budget and change control management
- Reporting in a range of formats Professional team coordination
- Managing complex governance processes
- Developing delivery programmes including design, consents, enabling works, and phasing
- Knowledge of development process, preferably including mixed-use, residential, schools, research & development, science parks, campus, logistics, distribution
- Awareness of the need for technical surveys and specialist technical input at key stages
- Awareness of town planning strategies
- Understanding of Net Zero Carbon agenda and implications for major developments
- Awareness of end users’ expectations and what drives value in development appraisal (commercial awareness)
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com